The goal of This Week in Aurebesh to pause and take a second look at many of the signs, posters, monitors and inscriptions that fill the game world of Star Wars: The Old Republic. I translate and recreate in English many of these graphics and explore how the use of design and alien languages contribute the to game’s world and sense of time and place that feels both familiar and lived-in and fantastic at the same time
I have long been curious about how much thought went into the strange alien languages that fill the game and was pleasantly surprised that often these graphics are consistent and logical within context. I’d stopped to translate some of the signage spread around the game worlds and thought others out there might be interested in what they have to say too.
Between recreations, I also opine on the latest SWTOR and Star Wars news from across the galaxy.
- Fade and Glow: Top Five Non-Cartel Market Color Crystals
- Outfits, Guns and Money
- Walking on Black Sunshine
- First Impressions: Legacy of the Sith, Part Two
- A Skulk of Opal Vulptillas
- First Impressions: Legacy of the Sith, Part One
- Onslaught Review
- Whatever Happens, Happens: Five Predictions for 2022
- Galactic Seasons Interview with David Staats
- February of the Sith
- Opa! Opal Vulptilla Winners!
- Life Moves Pretty Fast
- Who’s that Twi’lek?
- Iokath is Good, Actually